As the cold strikes Korea in February, all you might think of is staying warm and cozy at home. But we found you some awesome events to attend, to either embrace winter to its fullest with some outdoor activities like skiing and sledding, or to make you hot with live concerts and musicals. So check out the 10 following events taking place in February this year!
Pocheon Herb Light Festival | Pocheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
All year long, the Pocheon Herb Island is welcoming visitors to the Pocheon Herb Light Festival, also known as the Light & Fairy Tale Story Festival. This festival is perfect for a romantic date and to take beautiful photos magnified by millions of LED lights on all the buildings and gardens. Besides the illuminations, you will find restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and special shops such as a perfume shop, a flower shop, a candle shop, and a Venice shop.
To find out more about this event, follow through to the Pocheon Herb Light Festival listing on our Directory.
- Date: All year long. Running hours: Weekdays & Sunday 9:00 – 22:00 / Fridays & Saturdays 9:00 – 23:00
- For more information: Pocheon Herb Island
- Address: 35,
Cheongsin– ro947beon- gil, Sinbuk- myeon, Pocheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
- Cost: 6,000 Korean Won
Seoul Plaza Ice Rink | Jung-gu, Seoul
February is one of the coldest month here in Korea, and who says cold says … ice skating! Seoul Plaza, just by Seoul City Hall, has like every year, transformed to a big ice skating rink for the pleasure of Seoulites. For 1,000 Korean won an hour, you can spend a great time skating with your family or loved one, and enjoy the facilities
- Date: December 21st, 2018 – February 10th, 2019. Running hours: Sunday – Thursday 10:00 – 21:30, Friday, Saturday, Holiday : 10:00 – 23:00
- For more information / To reserve tickets or book lessons: Seoul Plaza Ice Rink
- Address: Seoul Plaza Skating Rink, Sejong-
daero, Euljiro 1(il)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: 1,000 Korean Won for one hour (rental included)
Chilgapsan Ice Fountain Festival | Cheongyang-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
If cold is nothing to you, and you don’t mind traveling to Chungcheongnam-do Province, then this one’s for you. The Alps Village is holding its annual winter event: Chilgapsan Ice Fountain Festival. Perfect for a day out of the city with friends or family, you came come and enjoy the various activities proposed by the festival. You can simply take a stroll around the ice sculptures and tunnels, or have an exciting moment snow sledding, ice sledding, and bobsledding. As Korea wouldn’t be Korea without its street food and restaurants, no need for you to pack your lunch as you will be able to taste many snacks, such as roasted sweet potatoes or chestnuts, steamed buns and many others. If you’re still missing out on things to do, you can visit one of the many stands, and make traditional taffy or organic cosmetics, fish bare-handed, decorate a gourd, etc.
- Date: December 22th, 2018 – February 17th, 2019. Running hours : Day time: 9:00 – 17:00, Night time: 18:00 – 22:00
- For more information: Alps Village (Korean only)
- Address: 175-11
Cheonjangho– gil, Jeongsan- myeon, Cheongyang-gun, Chungcheongnam-do, South Korea
- Cost: 5,000 Korean Won for the entrance fee. 12,000 Korean Won for rides fee.
Korea Grand Sale | Jongno-gu, Seoul
The Korea Grand Sale is an annual event designed for foreigners coming to Korea and operated by the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism and the Visit Korea Committee. This event is offering foreigners coupons and great deals on fields like airfare, accommodations, beauty, entertainment, tourist attractions, food
- Date: January 17th – February 28th, 2019
- For more information / To get coupons: Korea Grand Sale
- Address: Welcome Center: Cheonggye Plaza, 1, Cheonggyecheon-
ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul (Daily 12:00 – 20:00)
- Cost: Free
Yangpyeong Strawberry Festival | Yanggyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do
For you, strawberry might be a spring fruit, but that’s not what Koreans would say. Fighting the cold wave -probably thanks to the greenhouses-, strawberries are in season in Korea starting from January. For strawberry lovers that wouldn’t mind picking their own fruits and bringing them home, we found the perfect festival for you! Yangpyeong Strawberry Festival offers several packages to experience picking strawberries and participate in diverse activities proposed by the different villages such as ice sledding, hiking, making dumplings, vegetable Korean pancake, strawberry rice cakes, etc. Depending on the package, meals and accommodation can be included.
- Date: January 1st, 2019 – May 31st, 2019
- For more information: Yangpyeong Strawberry Festival (Korean only)
- Address: Various locations in Yangpyeong-gun
- Cost: Different packages starting from 11,000 to 75,000 Korean Won
The Lion King Musical International Tour | Seocho-
If your 6-year-old self has been traumatized over the death of Mufasa, but still watched The Lion King a thousand times, then brace yourself for The Lion King International Tour that is currently performing in Seoul until March 28, 2019. The world’s number 1 musical will be showcased at the Seoul Arts Center Opera House, in Seocho-gu. Feel free to bring your Korean friends or lover as Korean subtitles will be projected on a screen. There are showtimes every day, except for Mondays and some special holidays. For more information, check out our listing on our Directory or on The Lion King International Tour website.
- Date: January 9th – March 28th, 2019
- For more information / To reserve tickets: The Lion King International
- Address: 2406 Nambusunhwan-
ro, Seocho- dong, Seocho- gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: Ranges from 60,000 to 170,000 Korean Won according to seatings
Josh Groban is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer, known for his remake of the famous song “You Raise Me Up”, which led to his first Grammy award nomination in 2005 for the Best Male Pop Vocal Performance category. Touring the world since 2018, Josh Groban is coming to Seoul this February 27th for a unique performance at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium. Don’t miss the chance for an amazing concert and check our Directory for more information and booking on Interpark.
- Date: February 27th, 2019 (20:00)
- For more information / To reserve tickets: Interpark
- Address: Jamsil Indoor Stadium, 25 Olympic-
ro, Jamsil-dong, Songpa- gu, Seoul
- Cost: Ranges from 132,000 to 220,000 Korean Won according to seatings
37th Yongpyong International Sky Festival | Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
This February will be held the 37th Yongpyong International Sky Festival, an annual winter festival made especially for the foreigners living in Korea. For the past years, around 300 participants from 25 different countries have taken part in this event and enjoyed the surrounding facilities provided by the resort: restaurants, bars, karaoke rooms, bowling alley, billiard hall, sauna, spa, and many others. On the program, events such as Giant Slalom for Ski and Snowboards and a Curling competition. Participants over 9 years old are welcomed, and the events will be divided according to age and gender to guarantee a fair competition. So if you like skiing and a good competition, feel free to check our event on 10Mag Directory and the Yongpyong Resort website for more information on the schedule and reservations.
- Date: February 8th – February 10th, 2019
- For more information / To reserve tickets: Yongpyong Resort
- Address: Yongpyong Ski Resort, Daegwalnyeong-
myeon, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do, South Korea
- Cost: Lift pass 51,000 Korean Won for adults, accommodation prices on the website
If you’re familiar with the 1983 musical film Flashdance or the famous song Flashdance … What a Feeling by Irene Cara, you will be happy to know that a stage adaptation named Flashdance – the Musical is right now performing at the Sejong Center of the Performing Arts in Jongno-gu, Seoul. Touring the world since 2000, this musical has come for the first time in South Korea and will be performing every day up until February 17th, 2019. So if you want to come and enjoy a sexy and sensational show, you can check out our Directory listing for more information or booking, or the Sejong Center or Interpark.
- Date: January 18th – February 17th, 2019
- For more information / To reserve tickets: Sejong Center or Interpark
- Address: 175 Sejong-
daero, Sejongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: Ranges from 60,000 to 150,000 Korean Won.
Dessert lovers and gourmets living in Seoul, you might want to come and take a look around the 20th Seoul Dessert Fair that will be up at the Yangjae AT Center from February 8th to 10th. For the 20th fair organized in Seoul, the theme will be Chocolate & Strawberry and professionals as well as baking students will present you their creations. Be ready for chocolate and strawberry pastries, cakes and macarons, but also strawberry lattes, chocolate fondue and a lot more! Besides Chocolate and Strawberry desserts, Yangjae AT Center hosts also a Design Goods Zone, a Beauty Zone, and a World Food Zone.
If you are not convinced yet, you can watch out a quick sum-up of the previous editions of the fair at Seoul Dessert.
For more information, don’t forget to look at our Directory webpage.
- Date: February 8th – February 10th, 2019. Running hours : 12:00-18:00, break time from 14:30 to 15:30
- For more information / To reserve tickets: Seoul Dessert or Ticket Monster
- Address: aT센터, Gangnam-daero, Yangjae-
dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: 5,000 Korean Won for on-the-spot ticket / 3,000~4,000 Korean Won with online reservation