October is here and so are an overload of networking and business events to suit every keen networker. Events are set to be hosted by various companies, organisations and universities, crossing various fields and disciplines, such as marketing, engineering, journalism and social sciences.
Also here is 10 Magazine’s insight on which ones are worth your while, take a look.
KOTESOL, the foundation of Korea Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, is hosting an international conference for those currently pursuing English language teaching in South Korea, or who are working in a similar field. Their conference has been dubbed “Focus on Fluency”, and brings networkers from various walks of like to participate in two days of “development, networking and comradery”, held during over 200 events. There will also be guest speakers such from leading names in ELT, such as Stephen Krashen, Scott Thornbury, and Jill Hadfield. For more information about the event, check out the KOTESOL website. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of Sookmyung Women’s University on our directory.
- Dates: October 13th – October 14th (08:00 – 17:00)
- For more information/To pre-register: 2018 Korea TESOL International Conference – Focus on Fluency / [email protected]
- Address: Sookmyung Women’s University, 53-12 Cheongpadong 2(i)-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Kotra (Contact Korea) is back with another International Job Fair for students seeking employment in their fields of work. Last year, the fair hosted various booths with keen employers looking for upcoming graduates to join their teams, in areas such as app development, marketing, engineering, programming, manufacture, education, business, architecture and many more. The event is in high demand, so it is advised to pre-register if you can, but if not, walk-ins may be accessible for those who turn up early. For more information about the event, check out the Kotra website. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of COEX on our directory.
- Dates: October 1st – October 2nd (10:00 – 17:00)
- For more information/To pre-register: KOTRA 2018 Job Fair International Students
- Address: COEX, 513, Samseong 1(il)-dong, Gangnam-gu, Yeongdong-daero, Seoul, South Korea
Uncovering Asia, the Global Investigative Journalism Network’s third Asian Investigative Journalism conference, is set to bring all those interested in journalism for three days of events to pioneer the future of investigative media. The event is also co-hosted by the Korean Center for Investigative Journalism (Newstapa) and the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, who have helped organise over 50 differing panellists and activities. It has been said to be designed “by journalists, for journalists”, so those who are interested or work in the relevant industry are encouraged to attend. For more information about the event, check out the Uncovering Asia, Seoul Facebook page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of the Millennium Seoul Hilton on our directory.
- Dates: October 5th – October 7th (08:30 – 12-00)
- For more information/To purchase tickets: Uncovering Asia on Eventbrite
- Address: Millennium Seoul Hilton, 50 Sowol-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: $325 USD
The 2018 Korea Blockchain Expo will be presented by The Korea Economic Daily & Deloitte, and will bring together over 3,000 business leaders, blockchain enthusiasts, investors and cryptocurrency experts from a global sphere. This two day show will hold a number of different events, including panels and talks, networking events and representation from various technology companies from around the world. This event is suggested towards workers in the technological field or those with start-up companies looking to make more friends in the industry. For more information about the event, check out the 2018 Korea Blockchain Expo page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of the Millennium Seoul Hilton on our directory.
- Dates: October 23rd – October 24th
- For more information/To purchase tickets: 2018 Korea Blockchain Expo
- Address: Grand Hilton Hotel, Seoul, 353 Yeonhui-ro, Hongeun 2(i)-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: Standard $300 USD, After Party $100 USD, VIP $1,000 USD
The QS World MBA Tour is holding its next stop in Seoul this October, and is definitely a not to miss event for all those wishing to study a Masters in Business Administration. This event will be the meeting place for multiple international schools that can engage with the admissions officers and alumni to find a degree that best suits the prospective student. It will also provide a Q&A session to help answer any lingering questions, as well as how to prepare for the GMAT exam and several presentations. For more information about the event, check out the Seoul MBA Fair page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of the Lotte Hotel Seoul on our directory.
- Date: October 30th (16:30 – 21:00)
- For more information: TOP MBA, QS World MBA Fair
- Address: Lotte Hotel Seoul, 30, Eulji-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea,
The 10th Annual Commonwealth Networking Night, held by CanCham (Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Korea), invites all members of the Commonwealth for a night of networking, dinner, drinks and raffle prizes. This event is set to bring together multiple Chambers of Commerce, including AustCham (Australia), BCCK (Britain), KiwiCham (New Zealand), ICCK (India) and the SafCham (South Africa). It is tailored for those who are looking to make business and social relationships, as well as enjoy a night of good food, wine and chatting. For more information about the event, check out the Commonwealth Networking Night Facebook event. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of the Four Season Hotel on our directory.
- Date: October 4th (18:30 – 21:30)
- For more information/To purchase tickets: AustCham Korea, Joint Commonwealth Networking Night
- Address: Four Season Hotel, 9-4 Sinmunno 1(il)-ga, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: Members 65,000 Korean Won, Non-members 75,000 Korean Won (dinner included)
ROBOTWORLD was developed in 2006 with support from the Korean government to encourage a larger involvement in the robotics industry, as well as foster relationships between industry officials and those interested. It’s a conference and exhibition all wrapped up in one, so attendees can not only check out the newest in robotic technology, including service tools, robotic tools, robot parts and components, but also network with a wide range of both international and Korean companies in the robotics industry. For more information about the event, check out the ROBOTWORLD page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of KINTEX on our directory.
- Dates: October 10th – October 13th
- For more information/To pre-register: ROBOTWORLD 2018
- Address: KINTEX Hall 1, 2, 1396-45 Daehwa-dong, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
The Global Mobile Vision is a leading conference that is returning in 2018 to provide attendants with prime networking opportunities within the IT industry. It will provide innovative lectures in AI, robotics, autonomous vehicles, Smart City and Factors of the Future, by sharing their case studies and knowledge to all those involved. As well as the conference, over 250 leading tech companies will showcase their newest products and technological tools, and a seminar, “biz meeting” and start-up technology showcase is expected to follow. In 2017 the exhibition saw big names such as Microsoft, Sony, Yahoo and Fujitsu attend. For more information about the event, check out the Global Mobile Vision 2018 page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of the aT Center on our directory.
- Dates: October 10th – October 12th
- For more information/To pre-register: Global Mobile Vision 2018 Pre-registration Guide
- Address: aT Center, 27 Gangnam-daero, Yangjae-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea
The Korea Architecture Fair and Festival is a hot spot for local and global architects to network and discuss the growth and development of the architecture industry in Korea. Not only is it sponsored by many ministries, such as the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs and the Ministry of Environment, but also the Korea Institute of Architects and Construction Association of Korea, all set to be present during the festival gathering. The exhibits will include a collection of building materials and construction equipment, architect firms and offices, construction companies, public organisations and real estate companies that attendees can mingle with throughout the event. For more information about the event, check out the Korea Architecture Fair and Festival page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of COEX on our directory.
- Dates: October 17th – October 20th
- For more information: Korea Architecture Fair and Festival
- Address: COEX, Hall B, 513, Samseong 1(il)-dong, Gangnam-gu, Yeongdong-daero, Seoul, South Korea
After a long day at work, sometimes you might just need a social setting to get to know some people! Not only does this event encourage a social drink in Seoul’s favourite meeting place, Hongdae, but it also provides workers with the opportunity to meet and network with employees in different industries. The event fee covers two drinks, snacks and a discount card for your next meetup. There is also various games to help guests unwind from their nine-to-five, such as foosball, table tennis, Nintendo Switch, UNO and beer pong. For more information about the event, check out the Hongdae After Work Social Meetup page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of Playground Rooftop Cafe & Bar on our directory.
- Date: October 10th (19:00 – 22:00)
- For more information: Meetup.com
- Address: Playground Rooftop Cafe & Bar, 14 Wausan-ro 21-gil, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: 10,000 Korean Won
Want to find a new place to eat? A service in English that's been too hard to find? Check out the 10 Directory and come find what you're looking for!