There are plenty of Insta-worthy views in Seoul beyond the colorful mural villages and charming cafes in the city. You don’t need to make that 1 to 2-hour trip to scenic places like Gyeonggi-do and Gangwon-do for a breathtaking IG shot.
A lot of these destinations (the palaces and royal sites, for example) look best during fall or springtime, but they still look marvelous during winter. In some cases, the views almost devoid of lush foliage even look better—eerily quiet yet calming, especially after a snowfall.
Of course, the walk to and around some locations may feel like leg day, but the views you get as a reward (and possibly several double taps) will be worth it.
At 10 Magazine, we’ve compiled a list of 18 stunning insta-worthy views in Seoul!
1. Deoksugung Palace | Jung-gu, Seoul
2. Jongmyo Shrine | Jongno-gu, Seoul
3. Gyeongbokgung Palace | Jongno-gu, Seoul
4. Changdeokgung Palace | Jongno-gu, Seoul
5. Blue House (Cheong Wa Dae) | Jongno-gu, Seoul
6. Bukchon Hanok Village | Jongno-gu, Seoul
7. Ehwa Woman’s University | Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
8. Banpo Bridge | Seocho-gu, Seoul
9. Haneul Park (World Cup Stadium Park) | Mapo-gu, Seoul
10. Yeouido Hangang Park | Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul
11. Songdo Central Park | Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
12. Seoul Forest | Seongdong-gu, Seoul
13. Mt. Bukhansan | Jongno-gu, Seoul
14. Namsan Mountain | Jung-gu, Seoul
15. Naksan Park | Jongno-gu, Seoul
16. War Memorial of Korea | Yongsan-gu, Seoul
17. Noksapyeong Foot Bridge | Yongsan-gu, Seoul
18. Buam-dong | Jongno-gu, Seoul
Do you have more recommendations? Leave a comment below! You can also check out our article on 31 Instagram-Worthy K-Drama Spots in South Korea.