July 2014 House of Sharing Museum Tour and Meeting with Survivors of Sexual Slavery
Our next tour of the House of Sharing – a museum dedicated to educating visitors about military sexual slavery and a residence for survivors – is scheduled for Saturday, July 19. If you’d like to join our tour, please e-mail us at email@example.com with the following information:
1. Full name 2. Cell phone number 3. Date of the tour you wish to attend
4. Number of guests you will be bringing (not including yourself)
5. If you will be meeting us at Gangbyeon station or going directly to the House of Sharing
If you realize you cannot attend the tour after signing up, please cancel your reservation by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the event, or call Madhu at (010) 4788-5178 if you need to cancel on the day of the event.
The HoS International Outreach Team will meet you at Exit #1 of Gangbyeon station (Line 2) at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday to guide you. We will then take a private bus to the House of Sharing. Please arrive on time, as we will leave by 12:10 at the latest. If you arrive after this time, you may have to take public transportation to the House.
Here is the tour schedule (subject to change):
12:00 – Gathering at Gangbyeon station (Line 2), Exit 1
13:15 – Introduction and Video
14:00 – Museum tour
15:30 – Q&A / discussion and debriefing session
16:15 – Visit the grandmothers (variable based on their condition)
17:00 – Departure
Please make sure to bring some snacks with you as there is nowhere to purchase them at the House of Sharing. Small gifts for the grandmothers will also be appreciated. Also, the grandmothers love music and dance! If you are a musician, please feel free to bring your instrument or to prepare a song to sing. Or, if you can dance, please don’t hesitate to perform for the grandmothers. They will really appreciate your efforts.
Thank you so much for visiting us and supporting the survivors’ struggle for justice!
* Museum entrance fee: Adults 5,000 KRW / Children 3,000 KRW / Visitors with disabilities and senior citizens can enter free of charge.
* Extra fees: Please bring 10,000 KRW in cash for the private bus to and from the House of Sharing (or 5,000 KRW if you only plan to take the bus one way and will arrange your own transportation the other way) plus extra money if you wish to make a donation or buy souvenirs from the gift shop.