While the weather is cooling down in Korea, that doesn’t mean the events stop heating up! This month, locals and visitors alike have the chance to step out of the house and into many festivals, exhibitions and events while Autumn is in full swing.
Here at 10 Magazine, we’ve comprised a list of must-do things for this October. Take a look!
Do you like jazz? If you do, there’s a place just for you. The Seoul Forest Jazz Festival brings jazz musicians from all over the world to the quaint tranquility of Seoul Forest Park. This two day event is a time visitors can relax on a picnic mat and listen to a few smooth tunes, or get up and have a dance with their friends and family. Children are also invited! For more information about the event, check out the Seoul Forest Jazz Festival Facebook Event. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for the Seoul Forest on our directory.
- Dates: October 6 – October 7 (11:00 – 14:00)
For more information / To purchase tickets: SEOUL FOREST JAZZ FESTIVAL 2018 Official Ticket
- Address: Seoul Forest, 685-20 Seongsu 1(il)-ga 1(il)-dong, Seongdong-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: 2 Day Ticket (Official Ticket) 88,000 Won, 1 day Pass (Official Ticket) 55,000 Won, Youth (Official Ticket) 33,000 Won
The Jinju Lantern Festival is everything that one might expect; lights, lakes and of course, lanterns. The festival covers a total of two weeks and holds a variety of different events, including the Citizens’ Lantern Street Parade, water fireworks, hanging of wishing lanterns (which all guests can try), floating lanterns, the reenactment of Yudeung of Memory Floating, and various light exhibitions showcasing Korea’s beautiful craftsmanship. There are many events for individuals, families and couples, so it’s best to check the website to see which one suits you. For more information about the event, check out the Jinju Lantern Festival page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for Jinju Namgang Yudeung (Lantern) Fesitval on our directory.
- Dates: October 1 – October 14
- For more information: Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival Information / +82-2-1330
- Address: Jinju Namgang River Area,626, Namgang-ro, Jinju-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
The much anticipated Busan International Film Festival (or BIFF, for short) is finally here. BIFF is an annual celebration of film that spans over ten days. It will screen 300 films from 70 different countries for film lovers from all around the country, and the world. Guests can enjoy up to 30 venues to choose from, with a number of events to accompany the celebration of the international film industry, including the open and closing ceremonies, hand-printing, film seminars, panels with the actors, and an outdoor greeting session to let the guests get to know star directors and actors. For more information about the event, check out the Busan International Film Festival page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing of the Busan Cinema Center on our directory.
- Date: October 4th – 13th of October
- For more information: Busan International Film Festival
- Address: Busan Cinema Center, 120 Suyeonggangbyeon-daero, U-dong, Haeundae, Busan, South Korea
- As well as over 35 cinema venues for screening (please see website for more details)
World renowned musician Sam Smith is stopping by Seoul for his “The Thrill of it All” World Tour. This one night only concert has been advertised as a Hyundai Card owner special event (which means that those who own a Hyundai credit card will have opportunities to buy tickets first), however all payment methods will be accepted after the pre-sale. Make sure to get tickets while they’re still available! For more information about the event, check out the Sam Smith, Seoul Facebook page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for Gocheok Sky Dome on our directory.
- Date: October 9th.
- For more information / To buy tickets: Interpark Global
- Address: Gocheok Sky Dome, 430 Gyeongin-ro, Gocheok-dong, Guro-gu, Seoul
- Cost: VIP 220,000 Won, FR 187,000 Won, R 165,000 Won, S 132,000 Won, A 99,000 Won
If you’re keen on grabbing a bite to eat from all over the world, then the Gwangju International Food Fair is the place to bring your chopsticks (and knives and forks too!) This four day event will bring together over 460 booths representing 20 countries with traditional and treasured food from around the globe, where visitors can try and buy their favourites from the day. For more information about the event, check out the Gwangju International Food Festival 2018 page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for the Kimdaejung Convention Center on our directory.
- Dates: October 11th – October 14th (10:00 – 17:00)
- For more information / To pre-register: Gwangju International Food Fair 2018 (Korean only, please use Google Chrome to translate if more information is needed)
- Address: Kimdaejung Convention Center, 30 Sangmunuriro, Chipyeong-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju
For all those who need a furry friend in their life, October is hosting the annual Super Pet Show to suit every pet lover’s needs. The pet show will not only sell a variety of products, but will also hold events where participants can handcraft toys, beds, clothes, attend educational seminars and view some professional pet art. The show will run over the weekend and features all elements for pet owners and animal lovers to enj0y. For more information about the event, check out the Super Pet Show page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for COEX on our directory.
- Dates: October 19th – October 21st (10:00 – 17:00)
- For more information: Super Pet Show Visitor Information
- Address: Coex Hall A, 513, Samseong 1(il)-dong, Gangnam-gu, Yeongdong-daero, Seoul, South Korea
- Cost: Three Day Pass 10,000 Won (purchase on-site)
The Jeonju International Sori Festival returns for another year of well-loved music for all its fans, providing a busy five days of Korean vocals and sound to please any listener’s eardrums. The focal point is not only on Korean music, but also international groups and bands, performing arts and headlining acts in Korea and abroad. For those under the age of eight, there are kids activities available on site to keep the kids occupied, and performances run until late at night for the big kids to enjoy as well. For more information about the event, check out the Jeonju International Sori Festival page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for the Jeonju International Sori Festival on our directory.
- Dates: October 3rd – October 7th
- For more information / To buy tickets: Jeonju Int’l Sori Festival Overview 2018 / Jeonju Int’l Sori Festival Tickets
- Address: Sori Arts Center of Jeollabuk-gu, 31, Sori-ro, Deokjin-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do
- Cost: TBA
Jeonju has always been famous for having the best bibimbap in South Korea, so why not celebrate it with a bibimbap themed Autumn trip? Not only will festival attendees get a chance to eat all the bibimbap they can fit in their bellies, but they can also celebrate the rich culture of Jeonju’s traditional village and cultural arts activities as well. In previous years, there have been events such as the “Huddle Bibimbap” where children can learn how to make their own bibimbap dish, as well as a bibimbap ingredient hunt. costume play photozone and street busking. For more information about the event, check out the Jeonju Bibimbap Festival page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for the Jeonju Hanok Village on our directory.
- Dates: 25th of October – 28th of October
- For more information: 2018 Jeonju Bibimbap Festival
- Address: Jeonju Hanok Village, 20, Hyeonmu 1-gil, Wansan-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do
This is one for all the K-Beauty lovers! If you’re a fan of Korea’s ten step skincare routine, or want to see how to achieve that flawless dewy shine, then the Korean Beauty Expo is the place to be. There will be 800 booths at the exhibition showcasing products and beauty regimes, some that customers may not have heard about before (snail slime? Bee-venom? Morphing masks?) Exhibition visitors will also be able to talk to experts about which beauty routine suits their skin type, lifestyle and location. For more information about the event, check out the Korean Beauty Expo Facebook page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for the Korean International Exhibition Center on our directory.
- Dates: October 11th – October 14th (10:00 – 18:00)
- For more information: Medical Events Korean Beauty Expo
- Address: Korean International Exhibition Center (KINTEX), 1396-45 Daehwa-dong, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
KIAF Seoul is back for another year and bringing more contemporary art than ever, inviting art fans from all over the world to enjoy professional and collectable goods. The fair showcases not only a display of Korean artistic talent, but also the larger Asian art market in various exhibitions, carefully selected to present the best of the modern art scene. Fair-goers can expect a packed day of lectures, highlight sectors and gallery viewing that will suit anyone’s taste. For more information about the event, check out the KIAF Seoul 2018 About page. For more information about the venue, check out the listing for COEX on our directory.
- Dates: October 4th – October 7th
- For more information: KIAF 2018 About us
- Address: Coex Hall A&B, 513, Samseong 1(il)-dong, Gangnam-gu, Yeongdong-daero, Seoul, South Korea